Thursday, September 01, 2005

Better Late Than Never


So here we go.

A couple of months before I turned 29, I came up with a short list of goals. Things I wanted to accomplish by the time I was 30. Of course, like many aspects of my life, this was inspired by something entertainment-related — in this case, the episode of Friends called "The One Where They All Turn 30." In the episode, Phoebe had a list of things she wanted to accomplish before she turned 30; it included riding a hippity-hop for a mile. My list was nowhere near as ambitious. Here's a sampling:
1. Lose weight
2. Start working on my novel again
3. Get a byline in a magazine or newspaper other than those published by my employer

Easy enough.

When I turned 30, I had accomplished none of those things. But that didn't stop me from adding something else to the list: start a blog. This I could do, right? But of course, I didn't.

Well, now I'm 31 and I'm finally getting my ass in gear. Inspired by my friend Anna, I've finally started a blog (duh). I'm hoping the writing I do here will lead to my accomplishing my other goals ... or at least getting on the path to accomplishing them.

As for what you'll find on this site? Who knows. Could be long, rambling entries like this one. Could be reviews of movies or TV shows, comments on albums I buy, rants about things and people I don't like. Could be short, one-line entries, or they could just be a photo. Maybe I'll need a gift idea and I'll put that out to y'all for some suggestions. I don't know.

Whatever this blog ends up being, I hope you'll participate. Not just so I'll know people are reading, but also so this can actually be a fun site that people enjoy coming back to. Thanks in advance for all your encouragement.

And of course, thanks for reading this long-ass first posting.

Now, on with the show!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna B Rubin said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I can't believe I actually inspired someone to become a fellow blogger. For that matter, I can't believe that I am a blogger. Blog on!!!

September 01, 2005 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home