Monday, October 10, 2005

Wet Weekend

It's been a wet, wet, nasty weekend here, and for all the joking Friday night about winter officially beginning at 7:35 p.m. (when the Sox lost), the temperatures have actually dropped significantly, making it feel like summer is now officially over and winter is actually on its way. Yuck.

Saw three movies this weekend, A History of Violence (very good, B+/A-), Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (lots of fun, B+), and unexpectedly, In Her Shoes (surprisingly good, B). (As you know if you've been reading this site, I had already seen Good Night, And Good Luck.) That brings my total for the year to 35 movies. Otherwise, aside from running some errands and putting in a couple of hours in the office due to all my days off lately for the holidays, I just tried to stay warm and dry.

You may have noticed a new link on the right side of the screen. It's for a site called Universal Hub. Basically, as far as I can tell, it's a compilation of the best of Boston-area blogs with links to all kinds of postings, whether they're personal or city-related. Entries and blogs are categorized by towns, subjects, lines on the T, etc. In the past couple of weeks, the site has linked to both my stupid people at Park Street posting and my entry about the one-year anniversary of my skydiving adventure. So, in the spirit of quid pro quo, I'm linking y'all to his site now. You never know what you'll find there so I recommend reading it if you live here in Boston.

Today, Universal Hub linked to a site called Paula's House of Toast, which appears to be the blog of a local photographer. I really like her work, so I thought I'd share one of her photos and provide a link. Enjoy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home