Thursday, November 03, 2005

In Mutton-speak: Baa Baa Baa Baa !

Chicken Little is a cute movie. I don't necessarily say that as a good thing, but it's not really a bad thing either. It's colorful, generally fast-moving, and fun. Strangely, though, it's not entirely kid-friendly; many of the jokes went over the heads of the many, many, many kids in the auditorium when I saw it last night. (And don't get me started about THAT!) And it's sort of two movies in one, including a very long, what I can only call homage to Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds. So, if forced to give a grade, I'd give Chicken Little a B. It's not bad, it's not great. It's just fine.

That said, I saw the movie wearing 3-D glasses, and I have to say, if you're going to see this movie, the only way to do so is by seeing the 3-D version. Sure, you may pay an extra dollar or two, but the effect of seeing it in this format with all the extra depth and dimension is totally worth it. In fact, don't even bother seeing Chicken Little unless you see the 3-D version — and make sure you stay all the way through the end credits to see the 15-second kicker when they're over. The effects generally aren't gratuitous, and some are really quite cool &mdash and the glasses (which look just like Chicken Little's in the film) fit comfortably, even over my glasses. But because the movie ain't all that great, the 3-D version of Chicken Little only gets an inflated B+. I look forward to a 3-D The Incredibles (hopefully) sometime really soon. There are no plans to release the film in 3-D (at least as far as I know), but that would be so cool.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home