Monday, April 10, 2006

Don't Quit

This story is a couple days old now, but last week, an employee in a Norfolk, Mass., jail showed Brokeback Mountain to the inmates. When the "by-the-book warden" caught wind of what movie was being shown, he ordered it be turned off immediately. Politics aside, here's my real problem with this: they turned off the movie with just 10 minutes to go. Now, I don't care what movie they were watching. You don't turn a movie off so close to the end. I mean, sure, I'm all for punishing criminals, and I didn't exactly think Brokeback ended sooooo well (though I did see it twice and liked it), but still ... show the whole movie and then reprimand this employee. Turning off a movie so close to the end is just not cool.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home