Thursday, May 24, 2007

And It Don't Stop

Don't get me wrong: I like my job. Really I do. But sometimes it feels like I'm on an endless treadmill. I come in for a couple hours on the weekend, or I stay late (i.e.: until 8:00 or 9:00), with the hope that doing so will make the next day that much easier. But the opposite thing happens. I finish my part of the process, move the work to other people, go home, relax ... and then the next day it all comes back to me to work on again and move along to the next people. That's what this week has been like for me. Late hours, long days, lots of work. Just non-stop shuffling of folders and trafficking of documents. Thankfully the end is in sight (the beauty of deadlines) and it'll all be over soon (at least for this month). But that doesn't change the fact that I'm exhausted and ready for the three-day weekend. It's a miracle I was able to stay awake for Pirates of the Caribbean last night. So, thank God tomorrow is Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home