Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bowled Over

Yes, this is another post about how much I ate.

I don't mind paying $8 for ice cream when it's all for charity, and as donations go, you could do a lot worse than the Scooper Bowl. Here's how it works: The Jimmy Fund gets my money, and I get to fill up on all-you-can eat ice cream. Everyone wins! A host of vendors large and small serve up samples of about four flavors each, and if you don't mind the huge crowd, you could try a whole bunch of flavors in a few short minutes. Me? I tried Edy's new Take the Cake and Cold Stone Creamery's Shock-A-Cone, among other flavors. They were good, but the best thing I tried was Ben & Jerry's new Cake Batter. Sadly, I was also really disappointed by B&J's ONE Cheesecake Brownie. I bumped into Liz on the way over, so I didn't have to pig out on my own, and in the end, a good time was had by all. The weather's going to be hot again today and thankfully the Scooper Bowl lasts for three days. But you'd better hurry; after 7 p.m. Thursday, it's all over. So if you're in Boston, head on over to City Hall Plaza, grab a spoon, and dig in.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home