Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Get on the Bus, Gus

Just a quick kudo to the MBTA and their bus service. I was in my beloved Harvard Square tonight having dinner with Amy, and knew that getting home would involve some strategerie. Used to be that when I lived in Coolidge Corner I could just take the 66 bus and it would go right to Babcock St. Now that I live where no buses go, I needed a new plan. Anyway, long story short, the 86 bus went right to the corner of Comm Ave. and Chestnut Hill Ave., and after a quick two-stop B-line ride, I was home in no time. Seriously, the whole trip took less than a half hour — a fraction of what it would have taken if I had used the subway. So, nice job MBTA. That's a pretty sweet way to get from home to Harvard Square and vice versa.

But if I can just throw in my two critical cents: Why does there have to be a bus stop on, like, every block? It's worse than the B line used to be. It's worse than the 66 bus. Can't people walk like the people who take the train do? Especially considering all the traffic lights we have to stop at, there's really no reason the bus has to stop sooooo often. Otherwise, I love taking the bus. Woo hoo!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home