Sunday, November 28, 2010

Four Years

It takes a special kind of grandmother to make each of her grandchildren feel like they were her favorite. And that's exactly the kind of person my Bubby was. She made each one of her seven grandchildren feel like they were the center of her world. Today, on the fourth anniversary of the day she left us, I miss Bubby more than usual. No one loved my grandmother as much as I did, but the thing is, I know I'm not alone in that sentiment; my sister and my five cousins would probably tell you the same thing about themselves. And isn't that the ultimate tribute to what a great woman she was? Each one of us wants to be the person who loved her the most. All these years later, we're still competing to show who had the closest relationship with her, and who loved her more.

I will tell you I still think of Bubby every day. I still find myself wanting to call her and tell her something exciting. To make her laugh. To make her happy. Today especially, I just want to hug her one more time and have her tell me how much she loves me. What I wouldn't give to hear her voice again.

Four years later, and I still love and miss my Bubby very much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home