Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Winter Wonderland

A couple months ago, I interviewed William Moseley, one of the young stars of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Admittedly, for reasons I won't get into, I did it under duress, so I went to see the movie itself out of obligation. It's also worth noting that I didn't like the Lord of the Rings movies (I fell asleep during the first one and never saw the other two) and have only seen the first and third Harry Potter films.

So what a pleasant surprise that I generally liked Narnia. The first third or so is quite magical, as each child discovers the world waiting through the wardrobe. You discover it as a viewer right along with them, and that's great fun. The middle third is a bit much, the effects aren't so great (all those talking animals look really fake), it's dark (because it's taking place at night), and really, you're just waiting for the big battle to happen. Fortunately, when it does, it's pretty cool. So in brief, I'm giving Narnia a B.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home