Saturday, April 22, 2006

Holy War?

My friend Kathleen called it my "holy war" yesterday. Whatever it is, today was the day I struck back at Shaw's and Stop & Shop for overcharging on Passover food. I mean, if they're gonna mark up this food, which isn't all that good to begin with and is only necessary for a week, then I'm going to save my receipts and return whatever I don't use so they can give me my money back. And I don't know whether it was my 3-day trip to New York, or the fact that I ate not less but smarter during the week, but I ended Passover this year with more leftover (unopened) food than I have in recent years:
* A box of egg matzoh
* Two jars of mayonaise (one extra because I found light mayo at another store)
* Four cans of tuna (two extra because I found them cheaper elsewhere)
* A box of cookies
* A coffee cake mix

All that was worth about $27, which I'm sure I'll give right back tomorrow when I do my normal grocery shopping, but for now, it's safe and sound back in my wallet.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home