Monday, May 01, 2006

Walk On By

You probably could not have asked for a better day than yesterday for WalkAmerica. Skies were as blue as possible, with nary a cloud in the sky, temps in the high 50s (or low 60s — weather reports were conflicting), and a slight breeze off the Charles. I wore my track pants for the first time since I went skydiving. My company's team, in typical fashion, didn't wait to be told "go." Instead, we left 15 minutes before the official start time. The walk itself was great; no sweat, as predicted. When most of our group seemed to split up and splinter off into smaller duos and threesomes, Stephani and I stayed together. We finished the entire six-mile walk in just over two hours. At the finish line, there was all kinds of food waiting for us (good thing, because I was starved), including delicious cake from Montillio's (mmmmmmmmmm). And, to top it all off, I had raised $350 in advance, which will be matched by my employer. Thanks again to all who contributed. All in all (despite a minor sunburn), a great day. (Click on the pictures to see a bigger version of each one.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home