Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas Is Coming

Thanksgiving: a weekend that is simultaneously too short and too long. How is that possible?

But anyway, now that we're over that hump, we can start the countdown to Christmas. I've begun the season by finding an MP3 of Jamie Cullum singing "Let It Snow" (thanks to Cullumography.com). You can bet that it will be on A Very Marty Xmas 2006. And this past weekend I purchased both Sufjan Stevens' Songs for Christmas and Aimee Mann's One More Drifter in the Snow. Songs from both albums will definitely make it onto my CD as well. I know I have a hard act to follow after last year's mix, but I'm feeling up to the challenge, and looking forward to choosing songs.

Got any suggestions, or know of songs I've missed in year's past? You can assume my mixes have already dipped into the classics; last year I wrote about a "best of the box" mix that would probably include most of the obvious candidates. So what else should I know about? I'm open to ideas.

And for the record, I will not be changing the name of my mix to A Very Marty Holiday. Unlike the city of Boston, I know what should be called a "Christmas" symbol and what should be a more generic "holiday" symbol. I can't believe that after last year's brouhaha, it seems the whole thing is about to start up all over again. It's just silly, if you ask me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home