Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas (Baby Please Watch This)

There are so many great holiday traditions on television, and for me, there is none more exciting than the night when Darlene Love visits David Letterman to sing my all-time favorite Christmas song, "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)." She's been doing this for years on the last show before the holiday, and I have to say, the season isn't complete until she's been on. Paul Shaffer always does big, Phil Spector-esque musical direction and Darlene just always sings the hell out of the song, with a thrilling finale that includes plenty of snow. It's the same thing every year, but it's simple, classic, and wicked exciting. I love that her performance last year is online (as is the one from 2004 and one from 1995). In fact, I could probably watch the clips and listen to the MP3 all day long. (No joke or exaggeration.) I can't wait to see her do it again tonight. If you want to see real holiday magic, be sure and tune in.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger klee said...

can you send the clip to me from this year... i fell asleep atthe last 10 minutes and woke up during craig feerguson's molologue!!!!!!!! davklee@aol.com

December 23, 2006 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home