Tuesday, March 13, 2007

She's Back for the First Time

Way back around Christmas I told y'all about Amy Winehouse and her great song "Rehab." Well, as I mentioned on Sunday, her CD Back to Black hits stores today so I thought I'd put up a plug here so y'all would go out and buy it (or download it at iTunes). Amy's great; she's like a cross between old school Lauryn Hill and Ronnie Spector (and she looks like what would happen if Janice from Friends was actually devastated by Chandler dumping her). It's a new jack Motown soul sound, from a white, heavily-tattooed Londoner with a well-documented drinking problem (thus her song "Rehab"). If you want a taste, here's a remix of "Rehab" and here's a remix of the title track. Another great song is "You Know I'm No Good." Hopefully you'll like these and will try the whole album for yourself. Then go pass the word on to everyone you know.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home