Monday, June 11, 2007

Here's the Beef

For months and months, I've been teased by the ad in the Improper Bostonian for Ruth's Chris Steak House that features a perfectly cooked filet. (It's the one to the left.) Just seeing the thing practically makes my mouth water (so does writing a blog post about it). I've been to Ruth's Chris a handful of times (last one was December 2005), and have always loved it. So this year there was only one place I wanted to go with my family to celebrate my birthday. And when my juicy filet mignon arrived in front of me Saturday night, I was practically in heaven. Holy crap, it was so good. If you're a carnivore and you like your steak (as I am and I do), you can do no better than a steak at Ruth's Chris. It was the best meal I've had in a long long time, from the iceberg salad to the steak, including the shoestring fries and broccoli, and all the way to the chocolate explosion cake. And of course, the steak was served on a sizzling hot plate, which always reminds me of that great Saturday Night Live skit (or maybe it's vice versa). Oh man, was this tasty. I cannot wait to go back again. Hopefully I won't have to wait another year and a half.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home