Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Not Really a "Best" Buy

So here's what I don't understand. I went to the Fenway Best Buy Tuesday night to pick up Bruce Springsteen's latest release, Live in Dublin. It's out separately as a 2-CD set and a DVD, or you can buy the CDs and DVD together, with the same track listings. And I figured, since I had a $5 off coupon and new releases are usually on sale, that I'd spring for the combo pack. After all, the DVD looks great. Well, the 2-CD set was on sale for $11.99 and the DVD was on sale for $9.99, but the combo pack was still at regular price, $27.99. And when I asked a salesperson why buying the two items separately was cheaper than buying the combo, and why they weren't just charging the same price (i.e.: $21.99) for the combo, he told me, "You raise a good point." So I decided to only buy the CDs and save myself $10. I likely wouldn't have watched the DVD anyway, despite how good the clips on Amazon.com are. And what's more confusing is that on BestBuy.com, the combo is on sale, for just $19.99. Maybe it's something about moving units and not making money, but whatever it is, I just don't get it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home