Monday, July 30, 2007

Back to the Drawing Board

Truth be told, I can't remember the last time I watched an episode of The Simpsons TV show. And yet, The Simpsons Movie I just had to see. It's funny enough, but I feel like it was just another episode of the show, unlike, say, South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, which was so much more than an expanded bit. Still, I don't want to discount the movie too much, because I did laugh from start to finish (and by finish I mean midway through the end credits when the Simpsons get up out of their seats — there's no need to stay all the way until the very end). And it's pretty clever at points. But yeah, I can't say the movie made me want to go home and catch up on all the reruns and start watching again when the new season starts in the Fall. I guess that's a shame. It's exciting that the Simpsons have made a movie, but something about it still feels like a missed opportunity. I think I may have enjoyed making my Simpsons avatar a little more (and the version that's in my profile came from SimpsonizeMe.com.) Oh well. I'm giving The Simpsons Movie a B.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home