Thursday, August 23, 2007

And I Am Telling You ...

To paraphrase the oft-quoted line from The Godfather: Part III, "Just when I thought I was moving out, they pull me back in." Or, as Effie White sings in Dreamgirls, "And I am telling you, I'm not going." I could keep quoting movie lines, but the fact remains: I'm not moving. At least not yet. Today I reached an agreement with my new landlord to stay in my current apartment until at least the end of March. They wouldn't let me go month-to-month or sign a six-month lease. So, my condo search is on hold for a while.

... Which isn't really so bad, considering I love where I live. Sure, I'm going to have to pay more to stay here (including $1.75 a load to do my laundry — argh!!!!), but I expect to get some new appliances out of the deal, and I can delay the hassle of moving until the spring. And who doesn't enjoy a summertime housewarming party, right? So yeah, consider this post my closing the loop on that story. For now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home