Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What Time Is It?

So here's what I don't get: Why a store that advertises being open until 9 p.m. doesn't stay open until 9 p.m. Ever since Boston College's graduation, the stores in the strip near the T stop never operate with consistent hours. Yes, I know a large portion of their business is away for the summer, but if they're going to have shortened hours, why don't they just put up different signs, instead of telling customers they're still open until 9 p.m. and then closing early whenever they feel like it. Take College Sub, for example. A couple weeks ago I got home from work around 8:30 and thought I'd stop in for a quick sammidge instead of cooking dinner. I walked in, saw the guys behind the counter cleaning up, and they yelled out, "We're closed!" Hello? The same's true at Flat Breads, which I don't think has stayed open until 9 p.m. once since early May. I'm fine with these places closing early. I just don't understand why they won't put it in writing so I (and other people like me) don't expect them to be open when they say they will be.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home