Sunday, August 24, 2008

Foodstuffs

Three quick food-related items that didn't really merit their own posts:

* Nina and I had brunch today at "our spot," Z Square in my beloved Harvard Square. I tried something there that I'd never had before: the buttermilk pancakes. Let me just say they were some of the best pancakes I've had. They were almost like thick crepes, and they were served practically covered with cinnamon and butter. Syrup was almost unnecessary. Yum.

* Part of Nina's and my afternoon involved hanging out at the Cambridge Carnival, and it was there that we both enjoyed some fried dough. Mmmmmm ... there are few things better than some good ole fried dough from a street vendor. I guess now it's official: it's summer!

* Since I moved to my condo, I've been adjusting to new places and new stores. And no sooner did I move than my new local Shaw's (on Route 9) closed for renovations. This weekend I branched out from the default Shaw's on Beacon St. in Brookline to the bigger one in Brighton on Western Ave. and was quite pleased to find what seemed like double the selection. It's like the Packard's Corner store, just without the annoying college kids. Hooray!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home