Sunday, April 05, 2009

There's a Name for That

I was home in New York this weekend because 11 months after she was born, Abby finally had her Naming, where she received her Hebrew name. (Usually this happens much sooner after a baby's birth.) It was also a significant weekend for me because for the first time since Abby was born, I slept overnight at my sister and brother-in-law's house, which was a lot of fun — even at 6:15 on Saturday morning, when I woke up early to greet Abby. It was also amusing being there Saturday night when she spent about an hour babbling in her crib, telling her best bud, Quackers (a stuffed duck), all about her day, and wouldn't go to sleep. Ahhh ... babies. Abby's still so great, and she and I just have a really special relationship. She always remembers me, and lights up when she sees me. I am one of the few people, it seems, who can consistently make her smile and laugh. And then there are the quiet times when I just sit there holding her, and she just relaxes without fidgeting. It's adorable, and it excites me to no end. And of course, that's partly why I take so many pictures of Abby when I see her. So yes, I thought I'd share this weekend's collection. Enjoy.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home