Sunday, June 07, 2009

Lots to Celebrate

It wasn't me who coined the phrase "The Day of All Days," but whatever you call it, the day is here again. Today is my birthday — number 35. Jeez, I'm getting old. Thankfully, I don't feel 35. And of course, I don't act like I'm 35. Today especially, where I'm all about attention and celebrating, just like I was when I was seven. One of my coworkers this week defined a good birthday as "having people that care about you take the time out to recognize that," and I definitely agree. I spent last night out with a good number of them. Suffice it to say, it was a blast. I'm not exactly sure what today will bring, but it's certainly a day for celebrating. My 34th year had its ups and downs, but the second half certainly was great, what with my new job and all kinds of positive changes that it has brought with it, so I'll definitely be spending the day today with a big smile on my face in recognition of how happy I am.

So ... happy birthday to me! Woo hoo!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home