Monday, June 01, 2009

Lock Me Up

Here's another story from the "Sometimes I Can Be Such a Moron" department ...

So as you know, Saturday night I went to see Dave Matthews Band at Fenway. I drove my car to the St. Mary's T stop on Beacon St., fed the parking meter, and hopped on the T to meet some friends at Bukowski's. As the train started to pull away, I thought to myself, "Wait a second. Did I lock my car door? Yes, of course I did. Why wouldn't I? How could I forget that?" (You know where this story is going, don't you?)

Well, more than six hours later, when I returned to my car, I learned that sure enough, my door was unlocked. Thankfully, though, everything was just as I remembered it and no one had stolen anything from me. Phew! But I still felt awfully stupid, and since then, I've been really paranoid about locking the door (and doing it twice so I get the assurance of a beep).

As stupid as it was of me to forget to lock the door, I also had this thought: My car door was unlocked for more than six hours on a busy street, and despite all the foot traffic of people going to and from Fenway or just out for a Saturday night stroll, no one made any attempt to get into my car. I guess that says a lot about how safe Brookline is, right? (Not that I'm going to make a habit of leaving my door unlocked in the future or anything.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home