Monday, October 05, 2009

Pie in the Sky, and Other Foods Too

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It's a weather forecast that makes my stomach do a dance of joy. And watching the movie of the same name does something similar to my psyche. I'm happy to say that Cloudy is just as goofy and just as fun as I hoped it would be. It features a great voice cast (led by Anna Faris, Mr. T, and SNL's Bill Hader), colorful animation, impressive 3D effects that aren't cheesy (no pun intended), and a wish fulfillment plotline that children of all ages can enjoy: nutty inventor creates a machine that converts water to food, and soon cheeseburgers, ice cream, hot dogs, steaks, sandwiches, eggs, pancakes, and yes, meatballs, are raining down on the town. Cloudy is the kind of movie you can go to sans children and not feel embarrassed about. It's not quite Pixar-quality, but it's close. So I'm giving this one a B+.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home