Sunday, February 28, 2010

You Know You Want to Try It Too

When I saw on CBS' Sunday Morning today that there was a pancake batter in a can product called Batter Blaster, I was simultaneously horrified, skeptical, and curious. I mean, pancake batter in a can? With a name that sounds more like a comic-book villain? Seriously? But as someone who likes his pancakes (and waffles) on a Sunday morning, I decided I had to do what any other self-(dis)respecting person would do, and try it.

According to the website, Batter Blaster isn't available everywhere, but it can be found at Stop & Shop (near the eggs and whipped cream), so I went there. Five dollars and a conversation with an amused and excited fellow shopper later, I was home and cooking. The batter (which, by the way, is made mostly with organic ingredients) didn't come out in the same whipped-cream style that I'd seen on TV (it was much runnier, despite my shaking of the can), and the pancakes might not have been the thickest ones I've had, but they were, as advertised, light and fluffy. Tasty too. I was very impressed. So I kept on cooking and had myself a very good breakfast.

And there you go. I've learned something today: Pancakes from a can can actually be good. And now, when I want to have pancakes or waffles on a Sunday morning, I don't have to worry about mixing up the flour and eggs and other stuff. I just have to look in my refrigerator. Score.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home