Monday, September 19, 2011

Lots to Watch

Many people look forward to the fall. They enjoy the cooler weather, the chance to start anew, and the return to normalcy after a vacation-filled summer. But not me. Each year around this time, the fall TV preview issues of Entertainment Weekly and TV Guide arrive in my mailbox and I'm reminded that for at least a couple weeks, I'm not going to have much of a life as I struggle to watch all kinds of new shows. And if I do try to have a life, then my DVR is going to get a workout and I'll be up late as I time-shift my TV watching.

I know, woe is me.

So allow me to continue an annual tradition of sharing which shows I'm going to try and watch this season. Thankfully, a couple shows have already debuted, so I've already previewed them. One made the cut (Ringer) and one was knocked off my list (Up All Night). But plenty of others remain.

Here's the list:

Monday: How I Met Your Mother, Two Broke Girls, Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie (welcome back, Summer Roberts!), The Playboy Club

Tuesday: Glee, New Girl, Ringer

Wednesday: The X Factor, Modern Family, Happy Endings (so happy this show is coming back), Revenge

Thursday: Community, The X Factor (results), Charlie's Angels, The Office, Person of Interest, Grey's Anatomy, Whitney, Prime Suspect

Friday: Thankfully, this is a night off (until Shark Tank comes back, that is)

Saturday: Saturday Night Live

Sunday: The Amazing Race, Pan Am

And of course, I also want to watch at least the first episodes of Two and a Half Men and CSI, just to see how Ashton Kutcher and Ted Danson do. Then there's Hawaii Five-0, which will feature John Locke himself, Terry O'Quinn, in a recurring role. So I know I'm gonna give that a shot too.

I know I'll never watch all of those shows, and believe me, I don't really want to. But for now, I'm overcome by curiosity, so I know I'm going to try to watch as many as I can. As with seasons past, the rule of three applies: If I miss three episodes of any one show, then I give up. So come November, I know I'll be watching only a fraction of the shows I listed above. Until then, I hope I have enough room on my DVR.

What about you? What shows are you making room for on your DVR?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home