Tuesday, October 04, 2011

6 Things I'm Not Going to Apologize For

It's the week between Rosh Hashannah and Yom Kippur. The custom is you're supposed to spend this time repenting for your sins and apologizing to people for anything bad you may have done to them during the year so that on Yom Kippur (which begins Friday night at sundown), you have a clean slate. But I'm not the apologizing type, so I'm not gonna do that. In fact, here are a few things I'm not sorry for:

I'm not sorry for giving up on the Red Sox last month. I'm no pink hat, but I know when something's a lost cause. And even though the team did win a few times in September, and always gave me a glimmer of hope when it did, I was never really fully on board.
That said ... I am sorry that the season ended with Terry Francona leaving the team. It wasn't his fault the team sucked this year.

I'm not sorry for eating that entire package of Triple Double Oreos all by myself. They were tasty, and downright addicting.
That said ... I am sorry that they weren't Triple Double Stuff Oreos. That would have made them really awesome.

I'm not sorry for playing my radio a little too loudly in the morning while I'm getting ready for work, not to mention the hour or so I spend hitting the Snooze button every nine minutes, which more than likely wakes up my neighbor upstairs before she'd like to be awake. I figure it's only fair after the annoyance she's caused me with her vacuuming and housework at odd hours.
That said ... I am sorry that the music playing is usually Britney Spears' "I Wanna Go," LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem," or some other annoying song, because I don't like that stuff either.

I'm not sorry for liking a whole handful of female-centric new shows, including Ringer, Revenge, Pan Am, and New Girl. All are enjoyable and feature some very attractive women, and I hope they stick around. I'm also not sorry that I'm having second thoughts about choosing Person of Interest over Grey's Anatomy.
That said ... I am sorry that Rachel Bilson's show Hart of Dixie was really lame, 'cause I like me some Summer Roberts. And I'm also sorry I still haven't watched the first two episodes of Prime Suspect yet. One more missed episode and I just give up on it entirely. (That's the rule.)

I'm not sorry for putting out candy corn so early in the season. Yum.
That said ... I am sorry that ... no, actually, there's nothing to be sorry about here.

I'm not sorry for downloading James Morrison's new album The Awakening two weeks before it's released in the U.S., even though I knew it was illegal. As I've said before, if an album is going to be released in one part of the world, and I'm a big enough fan of the artist, then I'm going to find it. And now that I've heard The Awakening, I'm glad I did it. This is another very enjoyable album from the soulful British singer/songwriter, who I think is a mix of Ray LaMontagne and Paolo Nutini.
That said ... I am sorry that James Morrison hasn't found more fans here in the U.S. Maybe The Awakening will change that.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home