Monday, January 02, 2006

Clearly, I'm in the Other 19

According to the Boston Globe yesterday, the number of millionaires who live in the Boston area is expected to surge 50 percent over the next five years. Specifically, this means that the number of millionaire households in the region will increase from 58,000 in 2004 to 88,000 in 2009. Apparently, one in 20 households is already a millionaire. Who knew?

The story says the increase is most likely to affect Baby Boomers, those who work at a financial services company or a law firm, or in the technology industry, and those who have numerous liquid investable assets, so I guess I'll be staying in my current tax bracket. And something tells me the city is going to get a bit pricier to live in — never a good thing for those of us who aren't millionaires.

Still, I'm an optimist, and I'd hate to think I'll be left out of such a development. So I'm hoping that any day now someone is going to appear on my doorstop with a giant check à la Publishers Clearing House. It's a good thing my apartment is clean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home