Sunday, March 19, 2006

Feeling Blue

Damned Comcast gave me another faulty cable box. When I turn on my television, all I get is a blue screen. Because I've had some kind of a problem for about a week now, I've unplugged and replugged-in my box a couple of times, as I'd been directed to do before. And usually it worked this week, even if sometimes it was only briefly. But today, the box seems to have completely died. I can't seem to fix it, and I'm going to have to go to the billing/service center in Allston to switch boxes — that, or wait around my apartment for someone to stop by (no thanks).

I suppose it wouldn't be such a big deal if this wasn't the third DVR cable box I've had in about a year and a half. And that's just with Comcast. When I had RCN, I never seemed to have good service. At least Comcast is nice about it, believe it or not, even if I don't like what they tell me. And by switching DVR boxes, I'm losing the whole season of The Office, which I had recorded, not to mention the five episodes of Alias that I never saw, and all kinds of other programs I had hoped to save for a while. When I spoke to the customer service rep on the phone today (the second of two, that is), and she matter-of-factly told me I just had faulty equipment, I asked her, "Well, why are you giving out bad boxes?" For what it's worth, she said the boxes are tested before they're given out, so Comcast doesn't know the boxes are broken until they break. (I suppose that makes sense.)

Suffice it to say, it appears I'm not fated to have decent cable service from any local company. Nor am I fated to watch The Sopranos (because Desperate Housewives is a repeat) or Grey's Anatomy tonight. Oh well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home