Friday, June 16, 2006

Get Your Kicks ... Elsewhere

Cars is cute. And that's both a good and bad thing. It's good because it's colorful and fun to look at, but it's bad because it borders on childish and doesn't have the wide appeal of Pixar's other recent films. I'd even say it's the worst of Pixar's films since A Bug's Life. Now of course, let's put things into perspective: a bad Pixar film is still better than many other releases. And Cars isn't necessarily a bad movie. It just doesn't have the same spark or endearing qualities of The Incredibles or Monsters Inc. I mean, let's face it: how much can you really enjoy watching cars, especially one voiced by Owen Wilson? He's much funnier and loveable when you're watching him. But Cars sure is damned good to look at, especially the shots of the desert and Route 66. And the racing scenes look almost real (all things considered). I just wish I loved it more. So I'm giving Cars a B.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home