Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'm Really Losing It

So the weirdest thing has happened to me. Last Thursday night, after foraging through my kitchen for something to eat (I still hadn’t gone shopping after my vacation), I settled on some Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies. And because sometimes I do stupid things, I sat on the couch and ate about half a strip of ’em. Maybe 10 cookies total.

Well, the very next morning, my pants didn’t fit. I mean, they were too big. It was really odd. Not that they were obscenely big or anything, but for the first time in I don’t know how long I really needed to wear a belt.

I thought this was just a fluke thing, but it’s now been a week, and my pants (and not just that one pair of jeans) still don’t fit me. Which can only mean one thing, or two: I’m actually losing weight, and it has everything to do with the Thin Mint cookies. (Not surprisingly, I ate the other half last night.)

So allow me to be the first advocate for this new kind of cookie diet. I’m not saying Thin Mints will work for everyone (I’m not even completely saying they worked for me — probably an increased number of salads, glasses of water, and more walking have helped, too), but hey ... you never know what will work sometimes. (After all, chocolate seems to cure my colds pretty consistently.) And you never know, maybe if I’m feeling positively encouraged, I might even join the gym (finally). Woo hoo!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you'd post this. Don't you have any respect for others? You're a horrible human being.

June 15, 2006 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home