Friday, October 13, 2006

Now I've Seen Everything

Randomly bumped into Joe and Marie as I was walking home tonight, so we grabbed dinner at the Coolidge Corner Clubhouse and then, of course, got some dessert at J.P. Licks next door. J.P. Licks had changed some flavors since the last time I was there, and now they have some new ones, including Chocolate Macademia, Butter Brittle, and Manischewitz Wine Sorbet. So our eyes .... wait, what was that? Did I say Manischewitz Wine Sorbet? Yes, I did. Needless to say, we had no interest in that.

I, however, was intrigued by another new flavor: Noodle Kugel Ice Cream. Now, when I think of tastes that taste great together, my mind does not automatically go to noodles and ice cream. But there it was, and I was told that in addition to actual noodles, this flavor also had butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, and maybe another ingredient or two, but no raisins and thankfully no fruit. So call me crazy, but I decided to try it, and it was odd, but not as bad as it would sound. So I went to get a cup of it, but that's when fate intervened. "Sorry, some sanitizer just spilled on it," the girl behind the counter told me. Thank you, fate. I really did not need to see how a full cup of Noodle Kugel Ice Cream would taste. I was intrigued and curious, but not that curious. And while I would have guessed this is a flavor that would only appear on Fridays and Saturdays, I was told this flavor was "seasonal" and would be around for a while. Imagine that.

Only in Brookline, I say. (Or maybe also in Newton. But not downtown, and not in J.P. or in Davis Square, etc. etc.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home