Tuesday, November 20, 2007

She Ain't Heavy, She's My Sister

At last it can be revealed ... I'm going to be an uncle! That's right, my sister is pregnant and expecting her first (of what I hope will be many) child(ren) sometime in late May. As you might imagine, I'm real excited about this news. Sure, it's great for Mitzi and Jason, and my parents and his parents, blah blah blah, but don't forget, this is my blog, where everything is all about me, so I'm going to tell you that no one's as excited as I am. Holy crap, I can't wait to be an uncle. An actual, born-in-the-family uncle — as opposed to the "uncle" of my friends' kids. This baby's gonna be spoiled like nobody's business. I can't wait to head over to Pottery Barn Kids, just like I've done so many times before when my friends have had babies, and buy out the store. Can't wait to run around in the yard with him/her. Can't wait to play airplane, make him/her laugh, teach him/her jokes, share my favorite Disney movies, read stories, introduce him/her to the greatness of being a Red Sox fan (as opposed to the heartache of being a Mets fan), and do all that fun "uncle stuff." Stuff his/her parents won't let him/her do. Stuff that will probably get me in trouble. Stuff I'm gonna love doing. Yeah, this is going to be one awesomely cool kid who is going to love his/her Fun Uncle Martin. Hey, I like the ring of that: Fun Uncle Martin. I can't wait. So congrats to Mitzi and Jason (and the rest of our families). And to my future niece/nephew, I say this: hurry up, kid, and get born.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Congrats Marty!

November 20, 2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger lostworld_me said...

COngrats :)

November 27, 2007 11:58 AM  
Blogger Mrs. A said...

Congrats Fun Uncle Marty! You're right... being an uncle (or aunt, in my case) is SO MUCH FUN! Have fun spoiling the crap out of that kid! He/she is lucky to have you as family!

PS: I'm going to be an auntie (again) in March and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

December 07, 2007 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home