Saturday, January 26, 2008

I've Got Nothing

Today is one of my least favorite days of the year. It's the day when I get my hopes up that maybe this will be the year I actually get through and am able to buy some Red Sox tickets — but instead I'm let down and ticketless. And every year it's the same old story: I wake up early, log onto redsox.com at exactly the right time, pick a game I really want to see (this year it was May 17 vs the Milwaukee Brewers), and then wait. And wait. And wait. And watch the Virtual Waiting Room refresh every 30 seconds. Refresh again. And again. And simultaneously, I'm calling on my cell and my home phone, and hearing a busy signal or that nice recording telling me that "All signals are busy right now. Please try again." And I know that all over the Boston area people are having the same experience as me. And finally, when I've had enough I just shut down the computer and walk away, a defeated man. Again. When I try some time later, of course tickets for the game I wanted to see are all gone. Really and seriously, I just want to know: how does someone like myself get tickets the day they go on sale? Why must I get shut out every year? When will the Sox figure out a way to put tickets on sale so that brokers are the ones that get screwed, not nice guys like me? I just want two tickets to one game. Is that asking so much?

And to add to the frustration, tickets for Gavin Degraw's March 1 show at the Paradise also went on sale today, and I was otherwise occupied the minute they went on sale, so when I called and logged on three hours later they were all gone. (No surprise there, though, given the small venue and the fact that I tried too late.) SO, I'm completely ticketless today for the events I wanted to see. That sucks.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home