Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Not So High

I wish I was more excited about The Wackness. This movie, about a New York teen who sells marijuana as a summer job and falls in love with his shrink's stepdaughter, looked pretty cool, what with its soundtrack of 1990s hip-hop and a seemingly amusing hangdog performance by Josh Peck. Alas, the movie doesn't live up to my own self-generated hype and it ends up being less than dope. Yes, as you may have heard, Ben Kingsley and Mary-Kate Olsen make out in one scene, but that's mostly just a tease; the scene isn't even necessary, and it just further emphasizes how little credibility Kingsley's character has. There are a few good lines and a couple decent laughs, and Peck's performance does have its moments, but overall, I got no buzz from The Wackness, and that's why I'm giving it a C-.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home