Thursday, February 19, 2009

Who Knew?

Tuesday night I took my friend Mike out for dinner to say thanks for helping me get my new job. We had planned to eat at Legal Seafoods out in Natick, but he pulled a last-minute switcheroo on me and we ended up next door at Metro 9 Steak House, a place I'd never heard of before or even noticed when I've driven by. Let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. Longtime readers of this blog know of my love for Ruth's Chris when it comes to steak places. Well, I may now have a second favorite steak place. The 10 oz filet mignon I had Tuesday was missing the dollop of butter that you get at Ruth's Chris but it was still juicy and full of flavor, with no fat and no gristle. It went down easy. I also had an iceberg wedge salad and sauteed broccoli, and still had room for dessert somehow. Point is, this place was great. A little pricey perhaps, and the chocolate mousse cake was unimpressive, but I'd definitely go back. Who knew that across the street from the Natick Collection in one of the strips of stores there was a place this good? Well, now you do. And now I have something else to thank Mike for.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

That's right near where I work! Glad to see you're enjoying your new job. :-)

February 20, 2009 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home