Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Table for One

I didn't quite know what to have for dinner Monday night, but I knew one thing: I didn't want to cook. And because Passover was two days away and I had already put all my dishes through my dishwasher, and I had nothing better to do, and because Sunday was the one-year anniversary of the day I moved into my condo, I decided to go out to dinner. Yes, by myself. It's not the first time I've done this, but it's been a very long time since I've gone out and sat in a restaurant eating dinner by myself. It was time to do it again.

I decided to go to the Bertucci's at the Atrium, which I figured would be close, easy, and because it was a rainy Monday night, largely empty. And sure enough, it was. So I sat at my table, undisturbed, eating my rolls and my meal, drinking my beverage, and perhaps most importantly, catching up on a recent issue of Rolling Stone. I have to admit: It was really nice for a change. Sure, I could have gone somewhere a little nicer than Bertucci's, but this was just what I was looking for. I was able to eat and read, and no one was rushing me to finish up or hounding me to order more, and when I was done, there were no dishes to clean up or anything. I had a nice waitress, and I gave her a nice tip because she treated me well, and I was not embarrassed by the situation in the least.

Yeah, I really kind of enjoyed going out by myself. I'm not going to make a habit of it, but maybe I'll have to do it more often.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home