Friday, May 22, 2009

Sweeter on Sweet

It took three or four loops around Harvard Square Thursday night before I finally found a parking spot, and I must not have been paying any attention to where I was driving. I was there to have dinner at Border Cafe with Amy, Amy's mom, and AmyMac, and as good as the margaritas were (especially on such a hot day), you can only imagine how excited I was when AmyMac mentioned that a new cupcake place had opened in the Square. What was funny is that I had driven right by it those four times and didn't even notice. How could I have been so blind?

Well anyway, this was no "new" cupcake place. It was a new, second location for Sweet, the Back Bay store that didn't really blow me away when I tried it last year. And I have to say, I don't know if it was the company I was with or the cake itself, but I certainly enjoyed my Sweet Cake with chocolate buttercream frosting more last night than the one I had exactly one year ago today. There was a very strong vanilla flavor, the icing was, well, sweet, and while the cupcake was small, it was definitely an ideal size given how full I was from dinner.

What I also missed while driving around: Tory Row had opened in the space formerly occupied by the Greenhouse. Next time I'm driving around Harvard Square looking for parking, I'm going to have to be better about looking around and seeing where I am. I can only imagine what other tasty treats I may have missed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home