Monday, May 18, 2009

Party Girl

Dear Uncle Martin,

I know you can't understand anything I say, so I thought I would write you a letter.

Thank you so much for coming down to New York this weekend for my first birthday party. I know it was really crazy with all those kids (and their parents, and our family, and my mommy and daddy's friends) in my house, but I had a great time and I hope you did too. The cake (from Costco) was yummy, but I think my favorite part of the party was singing and dancing and shaking the bells along with Zev, and his songs about bath time and farm animals. Then again, as much as I liked the music and having all my friends here, I enjoyed all the "bah bah bahs" (i.e.: balloons) most of all.

The food was so good, wasn't it? I loved the kids-only macaroni and cheese — it's my favorite. Thank you so much for going with my daddy to Stew Leonard's at 7:45 a.m. to pick it up. Daddy said he bought you some cider donuts there. Did you really need them? Uncle Martin, I think you need to watch what you eat. Please tell me you didn't eat more of them on your drive back to Boston.

Also, you sure did take a lot of pictures of me with my mommy and daddy's camera; I know they appreciated that. I hope that when you give me a cousin (whenever you get around to making that happen), they will gladly return the favor. Oh, and of course, I have to thank you for the chair you gave me. It's so comfy. I love to sit in it and read all my magazines and books, or watch TV with my mommy and daddy. After everybody left yesterday and the house quieted down, I sat in the chair almost all afternoon. I probably should have taken a nap, but this was much more fun.

Alright, that's all for now, Uncle Martin. I hope you come down to play with me again soon. Maybe I'll be walking by the time you see me next. As you saw, I'm getting closer to standing on my own. Bye!

Love,
Abby

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home