Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rage Against the Machines

To the Town of Newton:

I realize there's probably no good time to do construction work, but don't you think 7:30 a.m. is a little too early to start using a buzzsaw and a crane and whatever else is being used right outside my window at this too-early-in-the-morning hour? There's pavement being lifted, sidewalk being removed, holes being dug ... and it's making a hell of a lot of noise. And it's not the first time something like this has happened. There've recently been a few days where I've woken up to the very loud whirring of the machines, and there was even a night not too long ago where it was going on past midnight. This work has been going on since March. When will it end???

When I moved to this condo, I realized I was moving near a college and a T stop and that it wouldn't be sooooo quiet. But this is just ridiculous. I'd love it if you could be a little more considerate and respectful of the people who live right here where you're doing this work and schedule it at less intrusive hours.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Martin

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home