Sunday, August 30, 2009

Baking Up an Activity

I'm a traditional kind of guy, so when I get wind of a big storm approaching the area (no pun intended), I do what any domestic-minded person would do: I seek out a project to keep busy. After all, if I was going to be stuck indoors during a heavy rain and wind storm (as was predicted yesterday), I didn't want to spend the entire day on my couch watching the funeral and burial of Ted Kennedy.

So what was my project? Well, I came across a new blog this week (new to me, anyway), Beantown Baker, and I decided to make one of the recipes I found there: Cookies-N-Cream Cupcakes. No cake mix involved; this was an actual recipe I had to follow, from scratch. So, after being rescued for the first half of the day (thanks, Kelly!), I got to work later in the afternoon (coincidentally, right as the storm started to subside).... Aww screw it. Who cares about the story. Let me just cut to the chase: YUM. And, because I'm on a sort-of diet and don't want to be a pig, I'm bringing most of the cakes in to work to share with my wonderful coworkers. (You're welcome.)

You might say, as I did, mission accomplished: I avoided most of the funeral and burial, I kept busy with a project, I made good use of my kitchen, and I made something tasty. Actually, it's kind of cool — between these and my whoopie pies, I'm developing a fun repertoire of snack foods. What will I cook next? All I need is another storm to find out. Stay tuned.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home