Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Taking It Back

The truth is, Passover really isn't such a bad holiday. I'd rather have a limited diet for eight days than not be able to eat for one, as is the case on Yom Kippur. But that doesn't make the end of the holiday any less enjoyable. Last night, as the sun went down, I indulged my two other Passover traditions: eating a pasta dinner from Bertucci's and taking my extra food back to Star Market. After all, if I'm going to be overcharged for the food, then why shouldn't I take back all the things I didn't need when the holiday is over? (I like to think of it as my way of sticking it to the Man.) This year, I had plenty of extra food to return — due to the fact that I brought back a lot of leftovers from New York (mmm ... mom's brisket), and the fact that I ate smarter during the week. I brought back a box of Coffee Cake mix, two cans of tuna fish, a jar of gefilte fish, and a jar of jelly. The grand total for all that: $20.15. I'd call that a success. So ... Happy end of Passover. Martin: 1, The Man: 0.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home