Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Two Cute

Two years ago today I became an uncle, and it still qualifies as one of the happiest days of my life. I say one of and not the happiest because since that day, as I have watched her grow up, Abby has brought me many other days of happiness. There was the day I first saw her smile, the day she fell asleep on my chest, the days she came to visit me for the first time in Boston, the day I first saw her walking, the day I heard her say my name for the first time, and many others. I'm sure being a parent has similar, if not greater, joys, but until then, I can't think of anything in my life that I enjoy more than being than Abby's uncle. The guy who calls her during dinner and smiles when she says "Nom nom nom" like Cookie Monster because she knows it's me on the phone (that's one of our "things"). The guy who always has videos on his iPhone to share with her. The guy who made her a star on YouTube. The guy who finally got Abby to go in the pool when we all went to Florida earlier this year. And the guy who can't wait to see how much better life can get as Abby gets even older.

So today, on the occasion of her second birthday, I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish my niece a very happy second birthday. Woo hoo!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home