Saturday, January 14, 2006

For an Assassin, He's Really Nice

I liked a few things about The Matador, among them: Hope Davis, who isn't in the movie nearly enough; the style, particularly the big, colorful type that announces each new location; and the soundtrack, despite the rather obvious inclusion of The Killers' "All These Things That I've Done." In addition, Greg Kinnear and Pierce Brosnan make a good team, and I liked that both of their characters end the movie with honor, despite the fact that one of them is an assassin. So why am I only giving the movie a B? I'm not sure. I mean, I wish there was more of the guys in Denver and less of them in Mexico City (maybe a switch of 10 minutes on either side), and as I said, more of Hope Davis. So I guess it's because the movie just wasn't in the same league as, say, Munich. But this is far from a bad movie, and I'd recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home