Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Time For Some Change

On the way into work this morning, I stopped in at the Dunkin’ Donuts at One Summer Street to grab a muffin. Quick and easy. But something on the other side of the counter was amiss. Despite the fact that the register wasn’t showing the right amount, I had purchased muffins before so I knew to give the woman $1.50. When she looked at me with a straight face and asked, “How much do I give you back?” I asked her to verify how much the muffin was. She replied $1.37. And I guess Dunkin’ Donuts employees aren’t trained on basic mathematics, so she didn’t know I was owed 13 cents. But for a split second, I thought the choice of how much money I got back was mine, and I could have said I was owed $7. Or $3.60. Or $5.75. Or $20. Or whatever. And because her feeble mind couldn't handle such simple arithmetic, she would have given it to me! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha ... !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home