Friday, September 01, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Anyone who knows me probably knows that I'm easily distracted and don't always finish the things I start. (I'm also a bit wordy, so get ready.) So it stands to reason that when I started keeping a blog, few people (including myself) thought I'd keep it going for very long. But here it is, one year later, and Martin's Musings is still going strong, with posts almost daily. Happy Blogiversary to me!

In total, I've written close to 350 postings over the course of the last 365 days. You've read about my sicknesses, my apartment cleaning, my obsession with Jennifer Garner, my movie watching, my picks for American Idol, and various other topics. Some of my postings have been fun, some have been serious, some informative, some just lame, and some, well, some just took up space. A handful have even been good enough to be quoted in the Boston Globe. But whatever I've written, y'all have been reading, and I just wanted to say that I truly appreciate the support. I don't know who all my readers are, but I can see when you visit the site and I thank you for coming over again and again, and for reading what I have to say. And of course, I hope you stick around for the next year or more.

But enough of that mushy crap. It's time to announce what I think is the most memorable post of my first year of blogging. Here's number one.

From November 1: "Exclusive: Sox to Name New GM"
This blog has been, first and foremost, an outlet for me to write in other ways than my job sometimes allows me. I suppose it also gives me another place to play jokes on unsuspecting victims. So when Theo Epstein decided not to renew his contract as general manager of the Red Sox last fall, I figured this was my chance. I wrote a fake news report saying I had been chosen to be the new G.M. and made it look like an actual Associated Press story. Apparently, some of my readers were actually fooled. But in all seriousness, of all the things I've written on my blog during the year, I think this may be the best post of them all. I'm still really proud of it. You can read the post here.

Yesterday: number 2
Wednesday: number 3
Tuesday: number 4
Monday: number 5

Now ... on to year two!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Zeon said...

Hi, I just came across your blog, just want to say thanks for linking to my blog. By the way, happy anniversary. Your blog's quite interesting.

September 01, 2006 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home