Friday, May 04, 2007

"I Hate L.A."

You already know I'm a big fan of Kate Walsh's Addison Montgomery character on Grey's Anatomy. So I was looking forward to the big two-hour episode Thursday night that would serve as a pilot for an Addison-centric show. But if it's going to be anything like this, I hope she'll decide to stay in Seattle. The episode played out sort of like how the second season of Ally McBeal did: all of Grey's quirks became more pronounced and were the feature attraction of the L.A. part of the show, not the characters themselves. Actually, there were so many big names in the cast that it almost seemed like an all-star medical show, which was a real distraction for me. And it was all too, I dunno, perfect at times and it almost became a total cliche (the three women oogling the surfer dude receptionist? Puh-leeze). The contrast with the action back at Seattle Grace made it so clear which would be the better show of the two. Frankly, the best part of the episode for me was seeing Merrin Dungey and David Anders (both former stars of Alias) back on TV again. So while I'd continue to watch Addison transition to L.A. where she'd (hopefully) be much happier (I like Addison and Merrin Dungey that much and I like that guy Paul Adelstein, who was in one of my favorite movies, Intolerable Cruelty), I hope she'll stay in Seattle come the fall TV season.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home