Saturday, January 26, 2008

More Blood

I went with Barry today to see There Will Be Blood and I've gotta say, I still think the movie is, ahem, bloody great. In fact, I'll go so far as to say I've now sat through this two-hour-and-forty-minute-long movie twice and I could certainly stand to do it again. And again. I can't quite explain it, but I feel the same way about P.T. Anderson's other epic-length movies, particularly Magnolia, in that I can watch them over and over and they never get tired. Here, Daniel Day-Lewis is just incredible, that music is awesome, the screenplay is great, the cinematography is breathtaking ... it's all just amazing. Even on a second viewing, the film didn't drag or anything. And, despite how many times I've repeated or used that milkshake line in recent weeks, it still works in context. Yeah, I really do like this movie. Have you seen it yet? No? Well, what are you waiting for? Go! Go now!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home