Monday, May 30, 2011

My Summer 2011 To-Do List

Last week, one of my Twitter pals published her summer to-do list, and I thought to myself, "Self, that's a great idea. Why didn't I think of that?" So, in the spirit of "Memorial Day is the first day of summer," here are some things I'd like to do before the weather turns cold, in no particular order:
  • Walk a whole lot. Specifically, around the Chestnut Hill Reservoir, but anywhere I can get my legs moving is fine with me. And if, by the end of summer, the walk should turn into a jog, then all the better. (What? A guy can dream, can't he?)
  • Take a day off from work and totally disconnect. Better yet, spend that day relaxing by a pool or on a beach somewhere.
  • Read two books (including Tina Fey's Bossypants, which I've already started). Given the pace at which I read, this is what you'd call a "stretch goal."
  • Spend time on the Cape. I've lived in Boston for 14 years (18 if you include college). How is it that I've never gone any farther down the Cape than the airport?
  • Take a Codzilla ride around Boston Harbor.
  • Have a very happy birthday. (Hint: It's one week away!)
  • Take my niece on her first Duck Tour. (My nephews will have to wait till they're older.)
  • Find somewhere I can go swimming regularly. Invitations and suggestions are welcome.
  • Compete in a pancake eat-off at In a Pickle. No kidding.
  • Eat Dairy Queen in Michigan City, Ind., and in Boston.
  • Not get sunburned. Again, this may be a stretch goal, given how easily (and frequently) I burn.
  • Go to at least one game at Fenway. Right now I have no tickets to any games. I'm open to invitations.
  • Eat as much corn on the cob and drink as much lemonade as possible.
  • Drive up to New Hampshire to visit my old summer camp. This is something I've wanted to do for years but have never actually done.
  • Enjoy. It's just that simple.
What's on your summertime to-do list?

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen Nicole Costa said...

Thanks for the shout out :)

How can we make this happy birthday thing happen? I am an expert birthday celebrator.

Chestnut Hill reservoir? Are we neighbors? I live in Brighton.

Swimming is tough-in a pool or at the beach?

And lmk when you want to see a sox game-the boyfriend and I are going to get tix and get a group together.

-Bean :)

May 31, 2011 11:22 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Hey there! Swimming at a pool or beach would be fine. Whichever is most convenient on a hot day. And preferably, somewhere outdoors.
I'd be up for a Sox game any time. A group outing sounds like fun.
And as for my birthday ... I'm open to and intrigued by your "expert" suggestions. The big day is Tuesday, June 7. ;-)

June 01, 2011 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home