Thursday, April 05, 2007

Keep On Walking

Since I enjoyed it so much last year, I’ll be taking part in March of Dimes’ annual WalkAmerica again later this month. As was the case last year, I’m going to be fundraising and walking, but because I’m not a fan of charity solicitations, I’m not going to be sending out mass emails asking for donations. Instead, I'm posting this appeal, and there’s a link on the right side of this blog. I might also chime in every now and then with an update on my “training," but that's it. No hard sell, no guilt trip from me.

Last year I walked largely to support my company's efforts to support our client, Continental Airlines, which is the official airline of the March of Dimes' National Ambassador program and of WalkAmerica. It was a really worthwhile and successful day for both me and my coworkers, so I'm more than happy to support the cause again. And a worthy cause it is: if you don't know, March of Dimes works to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality.

I hope you will choose to help me either with your donation, your words of support, or even with your participation — the Walk is on April 29 at the Hatch Shell, and we make a six-mile loop around the Charles. Come on out and walk with us! The more the merrier.

Thank you in advance for your contributions and support.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home